No really…today its all about the deo for the bo….body odor.
Hubby and I are working our hardest to have a zero waste lifestyle. Our goal for 2020 is to remove single waste plastics from our home. The first step was finding the right deodorant. Yep we wanted to make our own and after many trials finally have a recipe that works with our body chemistry and eliminates our body odor.
so here is the recipe….enjoy!
- 3 oz distilled water
- 2 tsp fine Himalayan pink salt
- 1 oz witch hazel
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 10 drops essential oil – tea tree for antibacterial properties, lemon for fresh clean scent, lavender for sensitive underarms
- Small funnel or Pyrex measuring cup
- 4 oz spray bottle
- Heat the distilled water until very warm.
- Then dissolve the Himalayan sea salt and baking soda in it.
- Now let it cool off completely then mix in the witch hazel and drops of essential oil.
- Stir well.
- Carefully pour the Himalayan salt deodorant into a 4oz spray bottle. You many need a small funnel for this or use a Pyrex measuring cup.
- Spray onto clean and dry underarms as needed. Twice a day: before work in the morning and then in the evening works perfect.
Be on the lookout for more DIY recipes. It’s the fun of writing our book and sharing our knowledge.